It’s three days until Christmas and I just finished marinating short ribs, making an instant pot cheesecake, and stocking up on wine for Christmas Eve (which I host).
As many of you may know, we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah in my home. My kids love it. Jaxon goes to nursery school at a Synagogue, so he really digs into learning about Hanukkah, has Shabbot on Fridays, and even made his own Menorah. My daughter loved teaching her friends at school Hanukkah songs and learning about the holiday as we lit the menorah at home. She even would get upset that people “didn’t even care about Hanukkah” because she saw mostly Christmas stuff everywhere. The town over (where Jaxon’s school is) has an enormous Menorah at the park, so she was super happy whenever we would drive by because “at least someone cared” about it. Lol.
Now that it’s over she is sporting her Santa pajamas, all ready to go for Christmas. I love that we have both traditions in our home, it makes this time of year extra special.
Today I thought I would do a roundup of some of my favorite recipes on my blog that you may or may not have seen!
Remember, the holidays are about balance. Enjoy yourself. Eat the food. However, take your time enjoying the food (this will help you from becoming uncomfortably full).
I am listing some of my favorite healthy dishes to balance out the cookies and other yummy treats you will be eating! I LOVE to bake so am making a ton of things with real flour, sugar, butter, the works … but also like to have some healthier options that are gluten-free, grain-free, and low in sugar available.
These are a few of my favorites for Christmas morning!
- Grain-Free Waffles (these are SOOOOO good, my kids are obsessed)
- 3-Ingredient Pancakes (another kid favorite)
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins (no added sugar or sweetener)
- Poached Eggs in Bone Broth (super nourishing)
- Spinach + Goat Cheese Egg Muffins
- Grain-Free Breakfast Porridge
- Grain-Free Blueberry Muffins
- Buffalo Cauliflower Biscuits (goes great under fried eggs!)
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse Pie (dairy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly)
- Coconut Milk Whipped Cream (this goes great with fresh berries, or on top of the pie for a nice dairy-free option!)
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies (grain-free + paleo-friendly)
- Gluten-Free Sunbutter Cookies (low sugar, grain-free, nut-free)
- Pumpkin Fudge Truffles (allergy-friendly, low sugar — these are a HUGE hit!)
- Roasted Pear + Goat Cheese Salad
- Creamy Cashew Kale Salad (Maybe my favorite recipe on this blog that I can no longer make due to my son’s allergies)
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Apple Walnut Salad with Cranberry Dressing (another oldie but goodie!)
- Grain-Free Feta Tabouleh Salad
- Grain-Free Golumpkis
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket (this was a HIT on Hanukkah, picky husband is obsessed)
- Braised Short Ribs
- Whole Roasted Chicken
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
The holidays it is all about the red wine for me! Here are my favorites …
- Beaujolais Nouveau (the holiday wine, and only red wine I like chilled)
- Apothic Red (amazing red wine blend, and it is inexpensive)
- Freak Show Cabernet (my favorite cab)
- Francis Ford Coppola Claret Cabernet (this has nostalgia for me, always drank this Xmas even from the time I was 21 with my mom)
- Carnivor Cabernet
What’s your favorite holiday wine or dish/dessert??
Please let me know if you try anything! Tag me on Instagram (@lauryannraik)
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (if you don’t hear from me before then)
Love you all! Thanks for being there for me this year as I revamped my blog. My goal at the end of last year was to rebrand and reinvent myself. I think I am finally starting to figure out the direction I want to go, and I appreciate your support whether you have been a long-time follower, or new to my little space on the internet.