I have been in the wellness industry for over 12 years. I work as a sports nutritionist, yoga teacher, wellness coach, & personal trainer. I enjoy writing and sharing all things health with my clients in the forums and via our blog because it is my absolute passion to empower others to move towards living and feeling the best they can, in the ONLY body they get!
Over a year and a half ago I joined a private Facebook group that my friend Lisa started about essential oils. I quietly lurked and read about all of the amazing benefits, and how people were incorporating them into their lives. I finally bit the bullet and started using them in my home and in my own yoga practice, so that I can slowly begin to use them with my clients. I can truly say they have changed my life! I can’t believe I waited this long to use them. I teach all of my clients and Freevivers about how important it is to choose the quality of your food wisely. You are only as healthy as what you are eating, eats. This goes for animals and plants alike. Well, I learned that the same thing goes for essential oils. I waited until I was really ready to commit to finding the best quality for my family, so that I was not doing more harm than good. I have slowly started to toss out all of my “natural” cleaning products and beauty products (click here to see how your cleaning products rank), to now making my own and saving a ton of money doing so!
Essential oils have also helped to uplift my personal workouts and yoga practice. I will never go back! This has become a new passion for me, and sharing all I am learning with my wellness community has been so much fun!
I am completely astonished at how much hey have brought into my life and how it has completed a piece of the wellness puzzle in both my home and my coaching practice.
We can’t wait to share all the new DIY recipes with you soon!
Honestly, it took me a while to choose which company I was going to go with. I learned that Amazon was a bad choice for therapeutic-grade oils because of fakes and fillers (what a waste of money, and how unsafe!), and I learned many other things that lead me to the decision to choose Young Living. There are other brands that are decent, and others are just comparable to GMO canola oil or fake veleveeta cheese.
It was a couple of years of reading and researching that led me to this decision, I realized that there is no company better than Young Living. They have the highest standards and the best prices for those standards.
This is an excellent check-list you can go through when finding essential oils to use for yourself and your family:
Why I only recommend Young Living Oils:
- They are the ONLY company that owns their own farms, you can even visit them if you like.
- They use their own essential oils to spray crops for pests.
- YL oils are the highest quality around! Remember when we told you about processed vegetable oils? Why you should stay away from them? Well, the same goes for essential oils you would purchase in most health food stores. EO’s contain chemical constitutions, and the vast majority of other essential oils are extracted using high heat, high pressure, and chemical solvents, damaging those constitutions. Although the final product may still contain the aroma of the plant, these harsh processing methods destroy the therapeutic qualities of the oils. Using lesser-quality oils for therapeutic purposes is never recommended and can be extremely toxic.
- They work! Plain and simple!
- Seed to Seal: This is “above” being organic and therapeutic-grade.
1. Seed -Powerful, effective essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. YL’s own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of their seeds. The seeds used are selected for their scientifically proven ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
2. Cultivate – Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
3. Distill – Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting essential oils and preserving their precious constituents. We use cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
4. Test – Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities. Our testing methods ensure our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the optimal levels of natural bioactive compounds.
5. Seal – Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in its 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled and labeled. Our carefully bottled, painstakingly produced essential oils are shipped to members worldwide.
Our community is now offering so many new FREE classes to our oily family members!
Here’s a sneak peek into one of our previous classes:
You also get a mini-version of our wellness book, along with endless essential oils recipes when you join our oily family!
Join our free private facebook forum community here today to stay in touch about upcoming essential oils classes, information, and recipes!
If you are interested in purchasing a premium starter kit, and being a part of our community full of free classes and programs, you can do that today with Laury or Angela (these links provide more info!). Email email@example.com with questions! It’s an amazing value, and it will change your life!