Happy Earth Day!!!
Wouldn’t it be lovely if Ella were an Earth Day Baby? One can hope. Things ARE progressing by the book….could be any day now! Not getting my hopes up, but just saying…hope all you May guessers are dead wrong 😉
Eco-Friendly Fashion Find
Check out H & M’s Conscious Collection
Sustainability is a long term trend at H&M and this April as part of the focus on sustainability H&M will introduce the Conscious Collection – The collection which is for women, men and children is made from enviromentally – adapted and greener materials such as organic cotton, Tencel® and recycled polyester. H&M’s designers have been inspired by different shades of white, one of the most important colours this Spring. A minimalist, tailored look is combined with romantic lace, Broderie Anglaise, frills and draping. The Conscious Collection will be on sale in all H&M stores from 14th April.
All the styles look SO cute! Definitely up my alley! Can’t wait til I get some of the baby weight off and can go shopping 🙂
April’s In Season Veggies
(depending on where you live)
avocado, Haas n rhubarb, field
greens including collards, dandelion, lettuces, nettles
onions, sweet: Texas
peas: edible pod
spring salad mix
Go outside and use only your body!
5 exercises to include…
Guaranteed a few sets of the above, as standard as they are, will give you a fantastic workout!
5 Facts About Earth Day
1. Earth Day was first observed on April 22, 1970 in Wisconsin. An estimated 20 million people nationwide attended the inaugural event.
2. Earth Day is observed twice annually. In the northern hemisphere it is held during spring, and during autumn in the southern
3. Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to watch a TV for three hours – it’s equivalent to half a gallon of gasoline.
4. More than 20,000,000 Hershey’s Kisses are wrapped each day, using 133 square miles of tinfoil. All that foil is recyclable, but not many people realize it.
5. Never underestimate the importance of recycling: if every newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year. Unfortunately only 27% of all American newspapers are recycled.
Video of the Week
What Eco-Friendly Tips do you have for me?
I know MANY of you are very aware of the environment an practice an eco-friendly lifestyle. How would you tell others to reduce their waste and carbon footprint?
The biggest thing I did to make a change in my carbon footprint was to give up eating meat, poultry and most dairy.
Enjoy your weekend!!!!
Hopefully you see a labor tweet from me in the next few
make sure you follow me @lauryannraik on Twitter 😉