It’s finally Friday again….Yipee! How’s everyone celebrating???
First off, I know the holidays has MANY of us stressed out….there will be non of that. To help reduce some of that tension I wanted to give you my 5 exercises to beat stress!
check it out….
5 Exercises to Reduce Stress
1. Sun Salutations:
2. Neck Rolls:
Sitting in your chair, reach down and grab the side of the chair with the right hand and gently pull while tilting your head to the left, feeling a stretch down the right side of the neck and shoulder. Hold for 10-30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
3. Eagle Arms
4. Hip Flexor Stretch
- Kneel with one knee on the floor and the other foot in front with the knee bent
- Push your hips forwards and keep the back upright
- Hold for between 10 and 30 seconds
*****NEVER let your knee go past your toes********
5. Upper Back stretch on Foam Roller
My PERSONAL FAV! Just roll over the tight muscles of your upper back (traps, posterior delts, rhomboids), and feel a delicious massage that relieves so much tension! This is MUCH cheaper than getting a massage 😉
**I always place my hands behind my head to support my head and neck…allowing them to relax.
5 Immune Boosters that fight Colds & The Flu!
I touched on this yesterday with my Thirsty Thursday drink (it was a late post though, so you may of missed it). While we are extra stressed this time of year, that will make us more prone to getting sick! Guard against illness with the power of plants!!!
**Sorry to those of you that read about this already yesterday. It’s an important topic, I thought it should be repeated!!**
1. Hot Lemon Tea with Ginger & Honey
2. Chili & other spicy foods
although spicy foods may not “cure” your cold…they sure do help alleviate symptoms! Whip up a nutritious bowl of chili and it will be sure to clear up your sinuses! Adding some yummy veggies and healthy beans in there will add some immune boosting power!
3. Carrot-Orange-Ginger Juice
…like I said yesterday, Carrots, Oranges and Ginger make a great combo when arming yourself against illness! These 3 super foods will give you super powers 🙂
-full of beta carotene which bolsters the number of white blood cells in the immune system, as well as T-cells
-everyone knows that oranges are loaded with vitamin C, and adding it to this combo gives you lots of fighting power. Remember, fresh is BEST! Stay away from the commercial, high sugary OJ’s, they may be bugged. According to U.S. FDA standards, 250mL of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots–YUCK!
-Ginger has antipyretic and antibacterial action which can fight against fever and cold!
The health benefits of garlic are endless; it’s antifungal, antibiotic, germicidal and beneficial to the cardiovascular system and cold sufferers are most likely to welcome garlic for its ability to clear mucusy lungs and sinuses. Ideally, garlic should be crushed to release its aromatic oils and eaten raw; however, even the cooked version is beneficial!
5. Elderflower, Black or Green Tea
Drinking five cups of tea a day is reputed to significantly enhance the immune system, helping to fight off colds. Try flavoring tea with honey, ginger or lemon to enhance its therapeutic effects!
5 Things on my Wish List
hint, hint to my family that is reading 😉
1. A Kitchen Aid Mixer–I really need this BEFORE Christmas so I can do all of my holiday baking! It will make it WAY more enjoyable, and I could get SO much more done! However, they are pricey, and I don’t really want Michael spending that much on me 🙁
2. Maternity clothes that do not make me look matronly, or frumpy. I like things that FIT me, and show off the belly 🙂 The above is a look I have been sporting a lot. I could use more cute open sweaters like that, and some long tanks from H & M. I bought 2 long sleeve crew neck t-shirts from the Motherhood store today. The only plus side about maternity clothes is I still can fit into a small 🙂 I can always use more black stretch pants too, hint hint.
3. Warm Long Socks to wear with boots. NOTHING that is real tight around my legs, the looser kind that will stay up.
4. Warm Slippers 🙂
5. More fake bake so I don’t get too pasty 😉
and if worse comes to worse, I always love iTunes gift cards…the ONE time a year that I update my ipod…and it IS struggling these days!
What’s on YOUR wish list? Maybe I forgot something, LOL.
5 of my Favorite Christmas Movies
2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
3. A Christmas Carol
the OLD school version
4. It’s A Wonderful Life
5. A Christmas Story
Five Chic Holiday Fashion Trends
I would be all about this dress if I didn’t have the belly
2. Sparkly Shoes
3. FAUX Fur Vests
as long as it’s faux it’s a go in my book 😉 not really my taste, but sure it would look cute on a lot of you
4. Patterned Tights
5. Military Coats
What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Favorite fashion trends this winter?
What’s on your wish list??
Have a GREAT weekend!!!
I am looking forward to a great dinner tonight in the city with family then tomorrow night we get to see our friends at a Christmakah party! Hope your weekend is fabulous!